Monday, August 08, 2011

Sad news...


Anyone that knows me knows I love animals, particularly my pets. Until yesterday we had 3 dogs and 2 cats. On Sunday morning we had to say goodbye to one of our cats, Josephine. She was only six years old, not a time to expect her to leave us just yet. She had been lethargic for a few days and didn't eat her food for 2 days. On Sunday morning I woke up and knew there was something wrong. She wouldn't walk properly and started to have no control over her bodily functions. I phoned the the vet, suspecting a tick. When I walked out of the vet clinic I was numb...no tick he told me...she was anemic and had pretty much no red blood cells left. Leukemia was the diagnosis, apparently not uncommon in cats. I gave permission to put her to sleep. She would have not survived another night I was told. Josephine was always a shy cat, didn't like strangers. She was very attached to me and would sleep next to me every night. I miss her dearly. My son, in an effort to cheer me up, told me he thinks she is jumping on clouds right now. I like that thought.

1 comment:

kathie said...

:(. Warm hugs Katja. I'm so sorry to hear about your Josephine.